9.4.10

SHE DON'T BELIEVE IN SHOOTIN' STARS, BUT SHE BELIEVES IN SHOES AND CARS


Ready for something truly hilarious? Check out what Refinery 29, a globally respected fashion blog/website, posted during last fall's fashion week in NYC:

Oh Snap! Our Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Shot By The Sartorialist

You know him. You love him. We do, too. But lest you think it's a snap getting expert Street Style lensman Scott Schuman of Sartorialist fame to spot you on the street, shoot you, AND post your pic on his site...well, think again. In fact, after perusing the past few months' worth of amazing street specimens preening for his expensive camera, we did pick up some interesting sartorial patterns at play. So, want a better shot at, well, getting shot by Scott? Here's our step-by-step guide to increasing the odds...and looking good doing it.

(obviously, you'll need to click to enlarge for this to make any sense to you)

Rather than systematically position myself in the path of where I think maybe perhaps Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) might possibly be on the prowl for something young, spry, and full-on fashionable, I'll just pray he give Minneapolis some lens love some day- and that he brings Garance, because she's great too, and then pray pray pray I have Junior with me (because I'll never not get shot with Junior by my side, but chances are slim without him).

For now, I'm laughing to myself about the thought that there are surely people somewhere, USA or otherwise, following this tongue-in-cheek roadmap for instant blogosphere "arrival". I myself opt to look marginally passable on a daily basis, rather than camera-ready for the world to see. Nope- I'll need a stylist and avid photoshopper for the latter. Ha!

*Styx, signing off
(image courtesy of refinery29.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment