When dressing in the morning, it's Mother Nature's occasional suggestion of autumn that breathes new life into my closet. But it's those even more frequent hotter-than-blazes days, the sun beating down and humidity reaching South Carolina-like proportions, that put a smile on my face and running shoes on my feet (or biking cleats, depending on the day). And there is truly no better personal trainer than an almost 5 year old on training wheels: START! stop. START! FASTER FAAAAASTER FAAAAAAAAAASTER!! stop. START. stop. (rest) START! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTER!!! stop.
But on those rare days when a solo run is in my cards, these are a few of my personal trainers (Sis, this is for you.. to add some variety to your playlist):
1. On To the Next One - Jay-Z (Ft. Swizz Beatz)
2. Magalenha - Sergio Mendes
3. Make Her Say - KiD Cudi (Ft. Kanye West and Common)
4. Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
5. 4 Minutes - Madonna (Ft. Justin Timberlake)
Cadence, cadence, cadence. And a little fight music never hurt.
*Styx, signing off