23.8.10

I MOVE ONWARD, THE ONLY DIRECTION, CAN'T BE SCARED TO FAIL, SEARCHIN' PERFECTION


When dressing in the morning, it's Mother Nature's occasional suggestion of autumn that breathes new life into my closet. But it's those even more frequent hotter-than-blazes days, the sun beating down and humidity reaching South Carolina-like proportions, that put a smile on my face and running shoes on my feet (or biking cleats, depending on the day). And there is truly no better personal trainer than an almost 5 year old on training wheels: START! stop. START! FASTER FAAAAASTER FAAAAAAAAAASTER!! stop. START. stop. (rest) START! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTER!!! stop.

But on those rare days when a solo run is in my cards, these are a few of my personal trainers (Sis, this is for you.. to add some variety to your playlist):

1. On To the Next One - Jay-Z (Ft. Swizz Beatz)

2. Magalenha - Sergio Mendes

3. Make Her Say - KiD Cudi (Ft. Kanye West and Common)

4. Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee

5. 4 Minutes - Madonna (Ft. Justin Timberlake)

Cadence, cadence, cadence. And a little fight music never hurt.

*Styx, signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment