28.10.09

HEY IF YOU BELIEVE IT, THEN YOU COULD CONCEIVE IT

I was never all that great of an artist. Musically, sure, I can hang. But putting pen/marker/crayon/charcoal to a surface and making something otherworldly out of it was never really my forte. Hecate on the other hand- she's always had a talent for that sort of creativity, and though I tried to emulate her penmanship for years until my own was formed (yes, sis, I totally copped your style on that one), I haven't ever developed my inner artiste.

When I see work like the below - edgy, current, bold, vibrant - I appreciate it. How can someone put to paper my dazzling dreams of ostentatious outfitting? I want to be these women. I fantasize about them before I know they exist and then I see them and think- wow, that's me, personified. Why can't I do that like they can? Or maybe I do.. and instead of drawing it I live it ?






Art is everywhere among us, and I embrace it in all of its impressive forms. I think I might sign up for sketching lessons now..

OH! And since we're talking about art, check THEEEEEEEEEESE beauties out!!

Ye-he-heeeeeesssss!

(images courtesy of garancedore.fr, igorandandre.blogspot.com, kingdomofstyle.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment