19.3.10

I'M NOT LOVIN' YOU THE WAY I WANTED TO, SEE I WANNA MOVE BUT CAN'T ESCAPE FROM YOU


I may be biased here, but I'd like to think my son is pretty darn cute. And Hecate and I discuss, on rare occasion, the trouble that's in store for us (I say us, because she's the 'dad' in this relationship) when Junior reaches young adulthood. Trouble by the name of 'girls'. It'll be quite a feat for any little chica to wow the kid, because he's seen a lot at the ripe old age of 4- and by the time he's in his teens, there probably won't be much that will impress him (let's just say he's a worldly little dude-- in the best sense). But then I came across this photo and thought: ok, this'll work. Junior- meet your future wife:
Of course, I have no idea if she's into the rock 'n roll jams you like, or if she's as big a fan of tofu as you, or even if she speaks French like you (ok, you're not really at the "speaking" level as much as "absorbing", but we're getting there), so at least she's got the style thing down. I mean, she is ROCKIN' that leather/tutu/tennies look. And as we know, this is a big one in mama's book.

Then, there's mama (me, keep up....) For various assorted reasons, I'm content going it solo, forever more amen. BUT, in my lovely dreamland I'll be marrying him:
Let's not trouble ourselves with choosing which of the above will be my future (dreamland) hubby, I'll make the choice when hard pressed to do so. In the meantime, I'll take both. Because unlike reality, in my dreamland you can never have too much of a good thing. (Which is why I'll also have a few Ducati's in my fairytale garage) ((Can you tell I've been watching too much "Barbie: Enchanted Castle" with the little guy lately??))

*Styx, signing off
(images courtesy of hanneli.com, thesartorialist.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment