16.12.09

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM LADY, AND OOH WON'T YOU TAKE ME THERE


Androgyny is the life for me. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but the understated unisex appeal of a woman dressed to rival the men just does it for me. My bias surely comes from my newfound shape (boyish), after having ballooned from a healthy 165 to a buxom 205 before having Junior 4 years ago. Long gone are the days of 36/24/36, when jeans hardly fit my bum and anything less than a size L bikini bottom would be uncivilized. I love my "new" shape (no more bum lookers on the prowl!!), and especially love that I can appropriately wear the men's stuff, together with garments designed for my own gender, and feel genuinely good about the outcome -- not too Ellen DeGeneres butch, yet never girly or pretty, per se.

Here are some of my favorite representations of the style I, Styx, would've never been able to pull off back in the days of basketball, high weight squats and hip hop dancing:













(images courtesy of garancedore.fr/en, thesartorialist.com, frejabeha.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment